Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hunter Hearts

People ask how I've been able to do what I do for the last 12 years. Let me introduce you to Melissa Baugher, from Ojai CA. 

Melissa is a long time client turned friend. As a real estate professional she was of instrumental help when I first moved to the Central Coast as she ordered a lot of Cutco and introduced me to several amazing clients (Nora Davis;)

Most importantly, she was just a cool lady with an awesome husband and 2 great kids (Taylor and Hunter). Quite an example for a young family bound person to look up to. 

In 2009 after a few stellar sales years with Cutco I was asked to co-author a book called Cutting Edge Sales. 
My chapter is on client relationships and referrals. Go figure!

I went to Melissa's house to share the good news and her little guy Hunter (11 years old at the time) had such an Entrepreneurial spirit like his mom I had to give him a signed copy of the book.

Earlier this year, Hunter Passed away in a tragic motorcycle accident at age 16.

Last week Melissa and I got to reconnect when I came out for her annual knife sharpening :) My wife Monica came along and we chatted about life and how they've been handling their loss. 

Her Husband and daughter have since both received their real estate license to support Melissa and run the family business!

The next morning Melissa sent me these photos of the Cutting Edge Sales book still on Hunter's shelf with this message:
"He kept that the whole time... He said he would be rich one day and buy me a house in Lake Las Vegas. It was fun finding it and remembering how excited he was to have met you. "The knife guy" who is taking over Ventura co.
Looks like he was right!"

No matter what's on our business card, we're in the people business. 

Every interaction is an opportunity to meet someone with a remarkable story. 

And if we engage, if we truly care, sometimes we get to be a part of that story too!


No comments:

Post a Comment